Junction International has a virtual production structure with staff working remotely from Argentina, Peru, Spain, and the US. The selected candidate may need to complete a 3-month training period before he/she can join our team remotely. Training may be done remotely or on premises at Junction’s Florida offices.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced translator who is looking to grow professionally. Ideal candidate should speak, write, and read English at a near-native level, be computer-savvy, have an eagle eye for detail, and have the ability to multitask, prioritize, work under pressure, and meet deadlines. Knowledge of SDL Trados is required. Other CAT tools are a great advantage.
In this hands-on position, quality managers will have the opportunity to:
- Translate, edit, and proofread Spanish projects.
- Assist project managers with various pre-production tasks such as file prep, multilingual quality assurance, translation memory and terminology management, style guides, etc.
- Evaluate freelance translators.
- Serve as language consultant for the Production Department.
Skills and Experience:
- Full command of the Spanish (target) and English (source) languages.
- Advanced knowledge of a third language is a great advantage.
- Extensive translation experience.
- Understanding of cultural and geographic variations in language terminology and register.
- Experience with US Hispanics target audience is a huge plus.
- Detail-oriented and quality-focused.
- Knowledge of QA Tools (such as xBench) is a plus.
- Highly-developed computer skills (MS Office, Windows, CAT tools, Internet).
Interested candidates must send résumé with cover letter to: